Little Noah

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Apprehensive

Well now that it's finally settled in this big head of mine that I am "with child" now it's time to face the music, and look ahead at how am I gonna bring this baby into this world. And that is SCARY!!!! I was looking into what hospital Poppa and I will choose to have out little bundle of joy, and I looked at their childbirth classes, breastfeeding classes, and parenting classes (AKA Manual on what to do when you get the little bambino home). As I was looking on their website I printed out a 17 page handout on how to care for mommy and baby when you get them home, and it is SCARY!!!! So I get a little apprehensive thinking about it, but then I stop thinking of myself or my fears, and start thinking of the beautiful result of this horrific process and I can take a sigh of relief because it will all be worth it in the end. I've taken the advice of my fellow mommy Thamar, and I hope that on the big day I will be strong enough to have this baby without drugs! I want to be fully alert when this is happening and not drowsy or sedated.
Im really excited to get a first hand look at the labor and delivery section of the two hospitals we're looking at and attending all the classes I can take (because Im a nerd). I just want to be as prepared as I can for our beautiful baby. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment