Little Noah

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, June 26, 2009

BABY NOAH!!!

To all our faithful viewers that were waiting for news updates and didnt get them, sorry, but I want to share our experience, and will try to make it brief. We went in on Saturday evening to get induced, after 24 hours it didnt take, tried it again for another 12 hours, and it was killing me! The pain was excruciating and we we're not progressing, so the doc ordered an ultrasound to make sure how big this little guy was, and the nurse comes in saying Im not having a baby boy...Im having a baby COW! !! He was weighing in at 9 and 1/2 pounds!!! He he...I laughed, I was SO happy, I didnt care that they were going to have to cut me up to get this little guy out I just wanted to meet him....
So here it goes, we went in for a C-section into the OR at 5PM on Monday, June 22, 2009. The lucky participants to witness this event was of course poppa, and baby's favorite auntie/Nina...Sis... I was very happy to have her there for support, and she was also our camera guy, he he... Well I was a nervous wreck and was shaking in my bridges because it was so cold in there but mostly because I was very very nervous. They put in my spinal block, and poppa and sis were getting on their scrubs...when they came into the room, they just had a sec to take a seat, and they cut me open, I didnt feel a thing, just heard poppa and sis react when the amniotic sac ruptured and caused a waterfall....then felt some pushing on my lungs and the next thing I heard I will never forget....the sound of our beautiful baby boy's cry....
Baby Noah Alonso Arreola, born at 5:27PM, weighing in at 9lbs, 3 oz, measuring 20 inches...
I was crying with such intense emotions running through me...they didnt raise him up so I couldnt see him, and Poppa nearly jumped over the little curtain to look at him, and ran over to the scale to see baby get cleaned up...Sis did too...so here I was staring at the ceiling listening to his beautiful cries, and wondering what he looked like...a few minutes later the doc brought him over to me, and he was the most beautiful thing I'd ever seen...she put him near my cheek and his cheek was so soft and warm, I was in love. They took him to the nursery and Poppa followed him...Sis wanted to go to but I asked her to stay with me. I was off to the recovery room when they stitched me up and was really out of it, but wanted to see our beautiful son....Poppa brough him over to me as soon as he could. That night was very blurry with all the drugs, but I remember Poppa being the best dad ever. It was beautiful....The next few days at the hosptial were full of overwhelming emotions with such joy that he was finally here, and a lot, a lot of learning going on, like when Poppa woke up at 4:30AM to change his first diaper ever because momma was in too much pain to get up....and mommy trying to feed baby...it's been the greates couple of days for me and dadda, and we could not be happier...we were finally able to come home yesterday and we are very happy to be home with our bundle of joy, and feel our home is really complete....
Thank you all for your calls and wishes. We are getting adjusted to life with our baby and hope to soon have our friends and family meet him personally...
He's such a great baby, full head of hair, very mellow, and makes the most beautiful face expressions...melts my heart......Mommy and Daddy love you baby...and are so happy you are finally here...

2 comments:

  1. Friend! Thank you for finally posting! I am so glad Noah is here, safe and sound.
    You are so brave, you experienced birth pains AND C-section pain. Wow.

    I'm sure you're busy enjoying your baby and getting a hang of his schedule. However, I am dying to meet him. Please let me know when I can! :)

    Say Congrats to the new Daddy for me, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post, congratulations on YOUR BUNDLE OF JOY! I got teary eyed just reading it. You had a huge baby, watch out for the 2nd one, he/she may be 10lbs :)

    It's funny cuz, after reading your PUPPS post and this one, we had a lot of similarities in our pregnancies/births. It took us 28 hrs to get Julia 8lbs, 11ozs out and two hours of pushing, i was minutes away from going to the operating table!

    Continue to enjoy every minute...they grow so fast! Remember breast is best! It's definitely a great bonding experience. Feel free to contact me with any questions (or Diana for that matter)on BF because sometimes it's a lot harder than what it seems but in the end it's all worth it!

    ReplyDelete